Since 1.2.x Version, IT Asset Tool can be installed as Windows service from Interface of Management (IATMng.exe), in this way, you can continue to inventory software without login to Windows.
Follow these steps to install IT Asset Tool as Windows Service:
- Download and install .NET Framework v2
- Download IT Asset Tool version 1.2 or later
- Right Click and select Proprieties and click Unblock button.
- Unzip it in a new folder in the desired installation path (for example: "C:\Program Files\IAT\")
- Execute "IATMng.exe" by right clicking and selecting "Run as Administrator"
- Go to: Config Menu -> Click "Install" button under section "Install as Service"
- Go to: Start Menu -> Run -> services.msc select DaemonIAT and start It.
If the automatic installation of IT Asset Tool as windows service failes, you can launch it manually.
- Open Command Prompt with administrative privileges
- Type "cd %windir%"
- Type \Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Installutil.exe "PathOfApplication\DaemonIAT.exe"
- Go to Widows service and Start "Daemon IAT" service.