The Enterprise subscription makes it possible to remotely manage the IT Asset Tool server by installing a Remote Management Console and configuring it to access the existing server.
To do this you will need to perform the following steps:
- Download IT Asset Tool from https://www.it-asset-tool.com in the client computer which the Management Console must be installed
- Install IT Asset Tool
- Run the first Time IT Asset Tool
- When asked to select a new password, select "Exit"
- Go to the remote IT Asset Tool server and copy the database "db.sqlite" in the "Server" folder
- Overwrite the existing "db.sqlite" file in our client with the one just copied
- Run IT Asset Tool and verify that the client works properly and connects to our remote Microsoft Sql server and IT Asset Tool.
- From the "config" menu, click on the "Stop" button to stop the execution of the "Daemon IAT" Windows service
- Click on "Uninstall" to remove the "IAT Daemon" service
N.B. The credentials remain unchanged and therefore the login credentials are the same as those used on the server.