Installation of .Net Framework 2.0
In order for IT Asset Tool to correctly install the Windows service that scans the various Hosts, it requires Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0.
In Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 versions it is sufficient to download and install it from the following url.
For Windows versions equal or later than Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012 it is a features that can be installed with the below method:
- Right Click on "Computer" and select "Manage"
- Click "Add roles and features"
- If the Welcome screen appears, skip it by clicking on "Next"
- Select "Role-based or feature-based" and click to "Next"
- Select the server where do you want install .Net Framework 2.0 and click to "Next"
- Click "Next" without adding additional roles to our server
- From the features section select ".Net Framework 3.5" which includes .Net Framework 2.0 and 3.0 and click on "Next"
- Click "Install"
- Once the installation is finished we can click on "Close"
Now that .Net Framework is installed on our server we can restart IT Asset Tool which will automatically proceed to install the services necessary for a correct installation.