Deploy the client in a Workgroup Environment
To perform a network inventory of each PC, the IT Asset Tool Client must be run on each Computer.
IT Asset Tool does not require a Windows domain environment and can be used in Workgroup environment specifying the parameters in the shortcut that start IT Asset Client.
network scanning in a workgroup environment:
Follow bellows steps to make IT Asset Tool at windows startup:
- Open the Client Folder of IT Asset Tool. (example: \\ServerIAT\Client\)
- Right click in the “ClientIAT.exe” file and select “Create shortcut”
- Move the shortcut just created in your windows startup folder:
This folder differs according to your operating system:
Windows Vista/7/8/10: "%allusersprofile%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp"
Windows Xp: "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Startup"
- Right click in the shortcut of ClientIAT and select “Proprieties”
- Add the connection parameters after the path content in the field “Target”
The guide to the parameters to be specified is present at the following link: